Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Dog

If you ever want to see pure joy, watch a dog leap through the snow.

This is fast becoming a tradition with Charlotte and me. The nice part is in the winter, no one is at Fitts Park just down the street. Now legally, she needs to be on a leash. But she's on voice command and will come if anyone shows up. So we go every Saturday and Sunday. We both get a little exercise and joy to renew our spirits and last us through the week.

Ham comes too, when Luke comes. But he can't take off like Char. Last weekend when we took him, he just ran through that snow like he'd arrived in Heaven! And of course he's still attached to the leash, so who's running after him so he doesn't choke himself? Yep. Me. Silly little Puggle.

Only a few more months of this, though. Once spring is here, we'll have to find another play area. It's too bad, because the dog park is just all wood chips and Ham hates walking on them. Perhaps we'll have to start walking/jogging in Liberty Park again. Hopefully Luke and I will both be much lighter by then.

Oh yeah, we joined Weight Watchers. Our first weigh in was last week. I'm not telling you my loss. It was great though! I'll post a pic of us at my cousin's wedding in August. Until then, it's a secret :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with Weight Watchers! I think it's great. :)

    ReplyDelete