Thursday, February 5, 2009

A little update

Well, my attempts to create a joint blog failed, but probably for the best :) Now you get to hear my side of life and all the excitement entailed!

I'm finally getting my own show to produce that will be exclusively mine! Starting in March, I will be solely responsible for the KJZZ News at 9am show on KJZZ 14. It's a bit of a fluffy show, lots of guests and about 4 minutes of news, but it's really exciting. Like today, we talked about what investments you need to claim on your taxes, funny Valentine's Cards for Singles Awareness Day, and learned how to organize jewelry using ice cube trays! Handy, right? And those Valentine's cards...nothing says "I Love You" like a card decorated with dead flowers that reads..."Don't you go dying on me!" Very clever, you can out these cards at www.crowellgreetings.com.

So I'm staring down the barrel of another Valentine's Day, the 5th of my coupled life. I'm also staring at a very empty purse (bastard thieves!) and wondering, "what do I get the love of my life on this special day to tell him how I feel, without dropping several hundred on a Wii system that will no doubt frustrate me later?" I was awesome and did Christmas on an extreme budget this year, so I feel I can pull off one little gift on this slightly-less major holiday as well. Thriftiness seems to be the theme of 2009, right? It's really too bad guys generally do not like flowers. And mine doesn't like cake, and we are on a diet. Hmmm...I'm going to have to take the week to think on it.

In the mean time, we work on finishing the wedding scrapbook this weekend, unpacking the rest of the house, and catching up on laundry. Sounds fun, right? Well, maybe I'll throw some geocaching in there. I do have some geocoins I need to drop. We'll see what the weather is like. If you want to come, let me know! If you don't know what geocaching is, go to www.geocaching.com to check it out! I don't know a single person who wouldn't enjoy this sport.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy, I found you from Sally's blog. How are you? I know someone who likes geocaching....Sally..you should call her. I hope all is well.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete