Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hazard Area

The St. Clair house has literally turned into a zoo as of late. A very messy one. After a long search to find someone to take my apartment, Luke and I have moved my stuff back home, but haven’t had time to put it all away and get organized. So our living room is pretty much all against one wall. Our bedroom is a mess of laundry and a random side table with a toolbox sitting on it. The sliding glass door has muddy paw prints on it from this winter. The grass in both yards is growing taller and taller, and the doggie doo is overdue for a pickup. Let’s not even start on the garage. We cleaned it last weekend, only to have me stash all of my stuff in there.

Needless to say, I need a few days off to get things under control. The bummer about this, both our jobs are stressful right now. Luke’s been given a huge project at work that keeps him engaged and busy all day, and has been working late just to keep up. Meanwhile I’m in limbo in the newsroom as the head honchos decide what we’re going to do with this new show. My schedule’s kind of all over the place. Plus, for the last several weeks, I’ve been going to the apartment to show it, clean it, move it, so I often don’t have a night to just sit and relax and recuperate from the day. So when we come home from work, while we should be cleaning, or working out, or making dinner, we end up ordering in, plopping in front of the computers and vegging. I’m hopeful this weekend (yes, I’m finally off weekends!) we’ll have some time to get the chores done on Saturday, and truly use Sunday as a much needed day of rest.

Perhaps in the next coming weeks, we can get back on track with a schedule, and we’ll be able to have a life again when we’re not at work. I haven’t had the time to pursue my interests in a long time. My camera is itching for some adventure, the dogs are waiting not-so-patiently for their next hike, and I can’t even remember the last time I’ve been geocaching. Time go get our lives back!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new background! I'm sorry you're so insanely busy, but remember that everything ebbs and flows and soon you'll have some down time. Keep on keepin on, like you always do :)

    ReplyDelete