Sunday, June 20, 2010

Two months of misery

All right. I've had enough. I'm looking for a miracle pill.

Every May/June since high school, I've gotten really bad spring allergies. Like, so bad, I rub my eyes and they turn into jumbo puffed pink marshmallows and swell shut. I haven't been able to breathe comfortably through my nose for longer than 3 minutes before more gunk oozes in and clogs up the works. Every sinus in my head is painfully full, and I'm always tired. I've gone through a box of Kleenex in about a week and a half.

So give me your suggestions. What works? I've tried Benadryl (too sleepy), Claritin (doesn't do much for the stuffiness), and the Neti Pot (nothing comes out because as soon as I tip my head, it stuffs up again.) I hate to self-medicate, mostly because I don't like to take pills. But this has been going on for two months. I'm pretty sure Luke is tired of the awful snoring. I'm tired of my head never feeling happy. I'm tired of being tired all the time. So tell me, what do I need to get at the pharmacy?

1 comment:

  1. Seems like this might be worth a try, although I doubt you could find it in a pharmacy. Maybe in whole foods? It is on amazon :)

    http://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/natural-allergy-relief

    http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Butterbur-Feverfew-60/dp/B0013OVXWQ

    ReplyDelete