Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Wanderer

Sometimes, life is blissfully dull. The routine of daily life becomes a welcome change from chaos and stress. I’m not one of those who usually welcome the boring, repetitive life (with the exception of my last year of college), but I find that sometimes I wish I could be content to live simply.

It’s really frustrating to want so much out of life, and to have to continually work hard to get what you want, and you don’t always succeed. Sometimes it takes a REALLY long time to get where you want to go. Sometimes, you give up for a while, because the wanting of the thing isn’t enough to override the stress and heartache of not having it. But you always pick it back up later, because it’s worth it. I have such wanderlust in me, that staying in one place seems impossible.

Restlessness of spirit seems to be one of my very core characteristics, that isn’t ever going to go away. And so, while I struggle to get where I want, get the job I need so I can afford to go the places I want, I settle. I find the joys in the routine, and try to relax.

It’s time for another trip already.

No comments:

Post a Comment